Getting Started FAQ's
Four types of courses:
- Web classroom
- Hands-on fiber workshops
Self-guided online learning lesson content to be completed independently by the student
- No structured classroom sessions
- Lesson exams and final exams taken online by course expiration date
- Self-paced, online lessons and lesson exams to be passed sequentially before proceeding to next lessons
- Immediate, online test results
- Final exam proctored by a company-designated training coordinator
- Open-book, online lesson exam format
- * For select online courses, an e-book (or hard-copy course text for an additional cost) may be included as a take-away.
- Weekly progress updates delivered to assigned training coordinator
Web Classroom courses:
Online learning combined with a virtual classroom setting.
- Regular interaction with instructors and classmates via a virtual classroom
- Attend lectures, exams; receive feedback; participate in discussions and team projects
- Instructor-led pace for all other aspects of course(Not self-paced courses)
- No extensions or transfers are allowed
- Timely, weekly assignments expected—no late work accepted
- Self-paced study materials and tutorials
- Tutorial exercises and assignments to be completed and submitted to online instructor by course expiration date
- Includes text book that can be used as an ongoing reference tool
- Weekly progress updates delivered to assigned training coordinator
Contact customer care directly at 866-575-7206, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain login credentials and instructions.
Paper-based courses: Most of these courses expire within four months of enrollment. During this period students must complete all lesson exams and final exam. NCTI recommends completing at least one lesson a week in order to finish the course prior to its expiration.
Online courses: Most of these courses expire within four months of enrollment. During this period students need to complete all lesson exams and final exam. NCTI recommends completing at least one lesson a week in order to finish the course prior to its expiration.
Web Classroom courses: These courses expire within two or three months of enrollment. During this period students must complete all tutorials and assignments as designated by the course instructor.
For your convenience, NCTI accepts multiple forms of payment: company issued check, personal check, credit card and purchase order are all welcome. Company accounts must be pre-approved for purchase orders. If not enrolling online and a check is returned as “Insufficient Funds,” there will be a $25.00 fee assessed for each returned check. After receiving a returned check, we will no longer accept a personal check from the sender. Payments will need to be made by cashier's check, money order, or credit card.
A student can enroll in as many courses as he/she feels comfortable with. Keep in mind, however, that courses vary in length and difficulty. For multiple course enrollment questions, please contact Customer Care at 866-575-7206, or by email at email@example.com.
A student may enroll at any level within a career path provided they have successfully completed any prerequisite courses. However, since NCTI's courses are comprehensive and build upon each other, a student may be at a disadvantage if he or she has not studied the material from the first course of the career path they choose.
A first-time student who requests enrollment in a more advanced career path course will be screened for adequate academic and experiential knowledge to ensure proper student placement.
- Paper-based courses ship within 24 to 48 hours of online enrollment and payment receipt.
- Courses are shipped via FedEx ground and should arrive within five to eight working days of the shipment date.
- All online courses including online courses with textbooks activate within 24 hours of enrollment and payment receipt.
- Textbooks will be shipped within 24 to 48 hours by FedEx ground and should arrive within five to eight working days of the shipment date.
Web Classroom Courses-Hosted by Arapahoe Community College (ACC):
- Led by an ACC instructor and are 10 weeks in length.
- Follow a traditional semester format and are offered tri-annually, in spring, summer, and fall semesters.
- Students should be enrolled 14 days before class start date to allow arrival time for course materials.
When a course is nearing expiration and cannot be completed in time, NCTI may grant a 90-day extension from the original expiration date while the course is still active with a written request from the training coordinator and a payment from the student of $95.00. There is a limit of one 90-day extension at $95.00. After that date, the course material is no longer serviceable.
There are no extensions for Web Classroom courses. The only exception to this policy is if the student follows the appropriate steps for the Student Appeals Committee at Arapahoe Community College. The instructor and/or the Committee will make the decision on extension of time for the student and NOT NCTI or any of its employees.
To protect our corporate partners' investment, NCTI allows the transfer of active courses to another employee who has the same technical qualifications as the original student.
To transfer a course, the Training Coordinator must send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed Enrollment Application for the person to whom the course is being transferred.
- Transfer Fee.
A final exam grace period is a no-cost, two-week grace period at the end of a course for any student requiring extra time to coordinate schedules for a proctor and take the first attempt at the final exam. A student can be given a two-week final exam grace period if:
- All lessons have been successfully completed within the established course expiration date. This means that all lessons must be submitted to NCTI for grading and all lessons have been passed with a satisfactory score prior to the course expiration date. If there are any outstanding or failed lessons in the student record after the course expiration date, the student is not eligible for a final exam grace period. Students not qualifying for a final exam grace period should consider a course extension.
No final exam grace period will be allowed for:
- A second attempt at a final.
- Web Classroom Courses. The only exception to this policy is if the student follows the appropriate steps for the Student Appeals Committee at Arapahoe Community College. The instructor and/or the Committee will make the decision on extension of time for the student and NOT NCTI or any of its employees.
Ony one final exam grace period will be allowed per student, per course for use on the first attempt at a final exam. If the student fails the first exam, the student must apply for a course extension. It is believed that if the student fails a final exam, they need sufficient time to study and review the course before attempting a second final exam.
Please submit a request to the Student Appeals Committee to make an exception to this policy under extenuating circumstances.
Our return policy applies to any NCTI course or associated course material involving assessments and course expiration dates. This refund policy does not apply to associated course material independent of courses, or to Web Classroom courses and associated materials.
For more information about NCTI Return Policy, please contact Customer Care at email@example.com or at 866-575-7206.
NCTI policies define "course completion" as successful completion (passing grade) of all lesson exams and completion of the final exam. The course length assumes that a course would be completed in the time frame set for that course. For example, if a course has a four-month time frame for completion, this is expected to be adequate time to successfully complete all lesson exams and the final exam.
Our electronic Course Catalog contains course descriptions and certificate and college program information.