College Credit: 3 credit hours
Estimated Length: 45 seat hours
Business Communication and Report Writing emphasizes effective business writing and covers letters, memoranda, reports, application letters, and resumes. Includes the fundamentals of business communication and an introduction to international communication.
IMPORTANT: Please visit the ACC Schedule of Classes for course start and end dates.
Learning takes place with an instructor in an online classroom and will include homework activities and weekly assignments.
This is a 10-week accelerated course which will require weekly assignments and periodic online communication with an instructor. Visit link above for course start and end dates. Please note, this course is not eligible for extensions.
- effectively communicate thoughts and ideas in letters and memos
- be able to identify when it’s appropriate to use a more formal tone and when casual verbiage is appropriate
- use creativity to create documents that can be implemented in your place of employment
- successfully present information to a group
- understand tools available for research in order to write an effective report
- earn three hours of college credit
- receive an industry-recognized NCTI certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- identify the psychology of writing effective letters and memorandums
- analyze business letters for effective use of information
- use the correct words in communicating ideas and information
- differentiate between formal and informal writing styles
- explain the role and process of critical thinking in business writing
- use direct, indirect and persuasive messages correctly
- compare and contrast differences in effective communication in an international environment
- research a topic and gather sufficient data for a formal report
- organize and present a topic to a group
- consider legal and ethical issues in communication
- demonstrate the ability to create employment documents