How are NCTI courses delivered?
We offer three types of courses:
Our online courses are self-paced and completed independently by the student.
- No structured classroom
- Open-book lesson exams
- Final exams are proctored by a company-designated training coordinator.
- Immediate, online test results
- Most courses include a downloadable textbook (also known as an e-book) for reference. When available, students have the option to purchase a hard-copy textbook at the time of enrollment.
- Course and overall progress status available when logged into NCTI Amp®
Web Classroom Courses:
Web Classroom courses are considered online learning in a virtual classroom setting.
- Semester-based course start and end dates.
- Regularly-scheduled interaction with instructors and classmates in a virtual classroom
- Students attend lectures, take exams, receive feedback, participate in discussions, and engage in team projects.
- Regular weekly assignments to be completed and submitted to the instructor.
- These courses may include textbook and/or additional electronic resources,
Virtual and In-Person Workshops:
NCTI offers virtual and in-person workshops/training programs conducted by third-party experts throughout the year. Contact customer care directly at 866-575-7206, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for workshop information/schedules or to obtain login credentials and enrollment instructions.
How long does it take to complete a course?
Online courses: Online courses must be completed within four months of enrollment. During this period students need to complete all lesson exams and final exam.
Web Classroom courses: These courses begin on a predetermined calendar date and typically finish ten weeks later. During this period students must complete all tutorials and assignments as designated by the course instructor.
How can I pay for a course?
For your convenience, NCTI accepts the following forms of payment: company issued check, personal check, credit card, and purchase order. Company accounts must be pre-approved for purchase orders. If a check is returned for insufficient funds, there will be a $25.00(USD) fee assessed for each returned check. After receiving a returned check, NCTI will no longer accept a personal check from that person or business and future payments will need to be made by cashier’s check, money order, or credit card.
How many courses should I take at one time?
A student can enroll in as many courses as they feel comfortable with. Keep in mind courses vary in length and degree of difficulty. Please contact Customer Care at 866-575-7206, or by email at email@example.com for guidance and/or recommendations.
Can a student enroll in any level of course?
Many courses have recommended prerequisites; however, a student may enroll in any course at any level. Since NCTI’s courses build upon each other, a student may be at a disadvantage if they have not studied the material from a lower-level course. Your Training Coordinator can be a valuable resource in course selection.
A first-time student who requests enrollment in a more advanced course may be screened for adequate academic and experiential knowledge to ensure proper student placement.
How soon can a student begin a course?
- All online courses activate within 24 hours of enrollment and receipt of payment.
- If a student purchases a hard-copy textbook, it will be shipped within 24 to 48 hours via UPS and should arrive within five to eight business days of the shipment date.
Web Classroom Courses-Hosted by Arapahoe Community College (ACC):
- NCTI will order applicable course textbooks upon enrollment. Students should be enrolled 14 days before class start date to allow time for receipt of course materials.
College Program FAQ’s
What is Arapahoe Community College (ACC) and what does it offer?
ACC is a fully-accredited community college and education partner of NCTI that offers:
- Distance-learning that matches a certificate and/or degree education with career training.
- Fully-accredited, NCTI general education courses
- College certificates and degrees
Visit ACC’s website at www.arapahoe.edu to learn more.
Which NCTI courses carry college credit?
Please visit Content Solutions/NCTI Courses then select individual collections to view courses that carry college credit. When you complete an accredited NCTI course, you are eligible to receive credit at ACC. Contact Customer Care at 866-575-7206, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or assistance.
Who can I talk to about the NCTI college program?
Contact NCTI Customer Care at 866-575-7206, via email at email@example.com, or by clicking the Live Chat button for assistance.
What kind of operating system do I need on my desktop, laptop, or mobile device to take a course?
- PC Compatible Operating System only: Windows 7 through 10
- OS-X (Apple) 10.x (certain courses) *
- Web Browser: Chromium-Based Microsoft Edge; Google Chrome (32 latest-certain courses), Firefox (26 latest-certain courses) and Safari (7.x latest) – (certain courses)
- We recommend a minimum Screen Resolution of 1024 (width) x 768 (height) pixels
- Internet Connection: High Speed Internet Access required for online courses (DSL or faster)
- Disable any pop-up blockers
MOBILE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- iOS 8+ w/ Safari browser
- Android 4.0+ w/ Chrome browser