Estimated Length: 5 seat hours
In most organizational settings, you’ll be expected to work in teams. At times, your team members may not be physically in the same office with you. And yet, communicating effectively within these teams is critical to the success of the team, and critical to your personal success on any given project or task. This introductory-level course will help you improve your collaborative communication by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is five hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the factors in interpersonal communication
- Modify communication strategies to be successful in small and large groups
- Devise a strategy for working effectively in remote settings, including in telework settings
- Explain the purpose of various types of meetings and explain the outcomes expected
- Attend a meeting and perform the role of an effective communicator in the meeting
- Prepare for, moderate, and follow up after a meeting to ensure effective use of organizational resources
- Document a meeting and distribute minutes or a meeting summary as appropriate