Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
Emotional intelligence (EI) is our ability to identify and control our emotions to achieve positive outcomes in our relationships. Managers with high EI are better equipped to deal with subordinates, colleagues, and company executives, and they can do a better job of handling and resolving conflicts. This one-module course reviews the underlying concepts of emotional intelligence and explores how managers can improve and make use of their emotional intelligence.
The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- discuss the role of emotional intelligence for managers
- explain why improving emotional intelligence can have a positive impact on managerial performance
- recognize the importance of emotional intelligence in successful management
- discuss the nine key EI factors
- apply EI factors to business management scenarios