Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
This course is designed for the learner who already has a solid understanding of Excel’s basic tools and functions. The course teaches learners some of the more advanced skills and features available in Excel, which may be useful in data analysis. These skills include style templates, conditional formatting, data validation, data manipulation, and pivot tables.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- employ built-in cell style templates, or produce a custom one, to streamline the data entry process
- create a drop-down list to restrict data entry values
- utilize the Conditional formatting feature to apply formats to a cell or a range of cells based on specific criteria
- organize worksheet data using the Group Function
- use the Consolidation Function to combine data from several worksheets into one
- differentiate between and discern when to use a relative or an absolute reference in a formula
- change the orientation of an array of data using the Transpose function
- use the Advanced filter Extract data from a data set based on complex criteria using the Advanced Filter tool
- analyze data using Pivot Tables
- calculate data across several worksheets with the same structure using a 3D reference
- perform partial searches when filtering or analyzing data using wildcard characters