Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
As big data continues to change the way businesses operate and drive strategy, the ability to efficiently and effectively organize and analyze data is crucial. Managers need to be able to utilize tools to identify trends and help make better business decisions. Microsoft’s Excel is a powerful spreadsheet software to organize and manage data related to business operations. This course focuses on mastering the fundamental tasks performed in Excel, including data entry, basic formula calculations, and formatting and style operations. During the course, you will learn how to build a spreadsheet from scratch and gain a greater understanding of the most popular Excel commands and functions.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- identify and understand the different components of the Excel interface
- enter and convert numerical and text data, dates, and times
- select, copy, and paste data in a workbook
- employ elements of style to the workbook
- create images, illustrations, shapes, and hyperlinks in a worksheet
- arrange, filter, and sort lists of data
- apply basic formatting elements to the worksheet
- formulate basic mathematical formulas and functions, including SUM, AVERAGE, and MAX and MIN VALUE
- reorganize data by removing duplicates, blanks spaces, and misspellings in a worksheet
- open, save, and protect the workbook