Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
If you’re a manager or supervisor, you have probably been faced with a difficult conversation with a direct report. Not only do these conversations require sensitivity, delicacy, and in all likelihood, confidentiality, but how the conversation is handled can greatly impact the outcome. This course seeks to prepare learners to better handle awkward and difficult discussions with employees. Many difficult conversations can impact employee productivity, but as the manager or supervisor, you can learn to coach and counsel employees to create a calmer work environment and increase staff retention and productivity in the process.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- describe a six-step model for handling difficult conversations with employees
- address 10 common difficult discussions
- apply practical tips for handling conversations about difficult behaviors
- outline best practices for handling difficult conversations
- apply best practices to workplace scenarios involving difficult conversations