Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
This completely online and self-paced one-module course utilizes Inc. Magazine’s prize-winning editorial content to introduce basic concepts of human resources management, including recruiting; onboarding; talent development; and company culture. The focus is on providing practical, hands-on advice to entrepreneurs and small-business people, including video segments with analysis and commentary from industry-leading practitioners and subject matter experts. The course also offers real-world examples, how-to lists and advice, interactive games, and review questions to ensure mastery of the material.
The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of completion
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- decide which Human Resources functions you should outsource
- decide what kind of help you need—employee or contractor?
- write a job description
- recruit job candidates online
- set up a compensation plan aligned with your strategic goals
- develop a system for onboarding new employees
- decide what types of education and training will strengthen your company’s performance
- give feedback and evaluate employee performance
- build a strong company culture
- identify star employees with the potential for leadership
- mentor rising star talent