College Credit: 3 credit hours
Estimated Length: 45 seat hours
Leadership focuses on the leadership skills necessary to bring about change in an organization. Students learn to develop and communicate a shared vision, to empower employees, to manage conflict, to negotiate, and to develop organizations so that all are working toward common goals.
IMPORTANT: Please visit the ACC Schedule of Classes for course start and end dates.
Learning takes place with an instructor in an online classroom and will include homework activities and weekly assignments.
This is a 10-week accelerated course which will require weekly assignments and periodic online communication with an instructor. Visit link above for course start and end dates. Please note, this course is not eligible for extensions.
- effectively build lasting organizational changes through effective communication, motivational coaching and team building
- gain insights into the strengths and weaknesses of their leadership style
- strengthen their ability to manage conflict constructively
- improve skills for influencing change and increasing credibility without being intimidating
- earn three hours of college credit
- receive an industry-recognized NCTI certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- recognize the type of leadership called for in today’s management
- know the differences between management and leadership
- establish a shared vision and shape culture and values
- motivate and empower employees and lead team
- provide leadership in resolving conflicts and building productive work relationships
- know one’s own strengths and weaknesses and lead with respect and love for others
- know and use the mechanisms that enhance an ethical organizational culture
- lead by example with integrity