Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
This course introduces learners to Microsoft’s project management software, MS Project. Learners, particularly aspiring project managers, are provided a step-by-step tutorial on mastering basic functions that are essential for any project. MS Project is a popular tool for project managers that allows them to develop schedules, allocate resources and duties to specific tasks, and track a project’s progression. It also allows managers to oversee the budget and analyze workloads. This introductory course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project. Learners are required to have access to MS Project 2019 in order to complete this course.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define important terms and concepts used in project management and MS Project
- Develop a blank project from scratch
- Describe what tabs are and how to navigate within them
- Create and modify a task list
- Describe auto and manual scheduling and when to use each
- Demonstrate how to use calendar functions and schedule tasks
- Use task views, the timeline, and zoom slider functions
- Format projects by copying and pasting and by adding hyperlinks
- Format bar and Gantt charts and prepare project elements for printing
- Generate a variety of reports using custom and pre-made templates