Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
This intermediate-level course provides learners with essential skills for mastering Microsoft’s project management software, MS Project. Aspiring project managers are provided a step-by-step tutorial on various functions that are required for every type of project. This course assumes that learners have a basic familiarity with MS Project. MS Project is a popular tool that allows project managers to develop schedules, allocate resources, and track progress. It also allows managers to perform variance analysis and combine multiple projects. This intermediate course will focus on the Microsoft Office 2019 version of MS Project.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe various features of MS Project and how to apply them
- Add work, material, and cost resources to a project
- Apply fixed and overtime costs to tasks and entire projects
- Select the appropriate types of tasks to include in a project
- Create baselines and perform critical path analysis
- Incorporate effort driven scheduling, work contours, and multiple calendars
- Track progress and perform variance and EVA analysis
- Perform resource leveling and filter by task, resource, and or assignment
- Effectively use resource pools, subprojects, and master projects
- Import and export Excel, Word, and PowerPoint data into and out of MS Project