College Credit: 3 credit hours
Estimated Length: 45 seat hours
This course focuses on the role of communication theory and skills as they apply to business and organizational settings. Topics include organizational and leadership models, effective communication skills with peers, superiors, and subordinates, environmental factors impacting communication, and interviewing skills.
IMPORTANT: Please visit the College Hub for course start and end dates.
Please note: Prices are set by Arapahoe Community College and are subject to change. In the event of a discrepancy between the price shown here and the price charged during a given semester, the current semester price will prevail. For questions about pricing and participation in the college program, please call our Care team at 866.575.7206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning takes place with an instructor in an online classroom and will include homework activities and weekly assignments.
This is a 10-week accelerated course which will require weekly assignments and periodic online communication with an instructor. Visit link above for course start and end dates. Please note, this course is not eligible for extensions.
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- understand elements of communication theory as they apply to organizations
- analyze various approaches used to study communication in organizations
- identify environmental factors as they relate to organizations
- understand historical and contemporary organizational and leadership models and their influence on organizations
- identify leadership tasks and roles in organizations
- understand and apply public speaking skills as they apply to organizations
- understand and apply interpersonal communication skills as they apply to organizations
- understand and apply group communication skills as they apply to organizations
- understand and apply interviewing skills as they apply to organizations
- understand and apply written communication skills as they apply to organizations