Estimated Length: 3 seat hours
Learn how to create presentation slides that complement your message and engage your audience. This introductory-level course covers the basic tools and functions required to craft custom slides using Microsoft’s PowerPoint. Functions covered in the course include inserting text boxes and images, presenting information with tables, charts, and SmartArt, incorporating transitions and animation, and formatting slide layouts. During the course, you will learn how to build a presentation from start to finish and will gain a greater understanding of the most popular PowerPoint tools.
Completion Time:The estimated completion time for this course is three hours. The maximum allotted time is four months from enrollment.
- receive a MindEdge certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and understand the different components of the PowerPoint interface
- Create, delete, duplicate, and rearrange slides
- Insert and edit text boxes with consideration for readability
- Import images into a PowerPoint slide from different sources
- Utilize the Shapes and SmartArt tools to communicate concepts visually
- Add charts, graphs, and tables to present information in a non-text format
- Incorporate transitions and animations into a slide
- Apply a PowerPoint theme to a presentation
- Leverage certain PowerPoint tools to prepare and deliver a presentation
- Save, export, and print a presentation