College Credit: 3 credit hours
Estimated Length: 45 seat hours
Technical Writing develops skills one can apply to a variety of technical documents. Focuses on principles for organizing, writing, and revising clear, readable documents for industry, business, and government.
IMPORTANT: Please visit the College Hub for course start and end dates.
Please note: Prices are set by Arapahoe Community College and are subject to change. In the event of a discrepancy between the price shown here and the price charged during a given semester, the current semester price will prevail. For questions about pricing and participation in the college program, please call our Care team at 866.575.7206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning takes place with an instructor in an online classroom and will include homework activities and weekly assignments.
This is a 10-week accelerated course which will require weekly assignments and periodic online communication with an instructor. Visit link above for course start and end dates. Please note, this course is not eligible for extensions.
- write with greater precision and clarity in less time
- present complex technical information simply and effectively
- be able to organize, develop and revise clear and effective documents for a wide variety of industries and purposes
- understand how to use illustrations to clearly present technical information
- earn three hours of college credit
- receive an industry-recognized NCTI certificate of graduation
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- identify the audience
- state the purpose
- find, evaluate, interpret and document data
- organize data and outline reports
- select and use format and style appropriate to the purpose and audience
- use standard grammar, spelling and mechanics
- develop the skills necessary for writing a variety of commonly used in technical documents